Eating healthy helps lead to a healthier life, which is why we picked this recipe for Banana Berry Pancakes from Champions for Change’s “Healthy Latino Recipes.”
1 large banana, peeled and sliced
1 cup complete pancake mix
½ cup water
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup unsweetened frozen strawberries, thawed and sliced
2 tablespoons orange juice
- Place bananas in a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add pancake mix and water; stir until blended.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup batter for each pancake into hot skillet. Cook pancakes for about 2 minutes per side until fully cooked.
- To make the topping, spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Cook berries and orange juice for 3 minutes or until the berries are soft.
- Spoon topping over pancakes and serve.