New Haven, CT –June 10, 2019 – Representatives from the U.S. Census Bureau will be at City Hall on Tuesday, June 11th and 18th from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. to share information about the many job opportunities associated with the upcoming 2020 Census.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a valid email address
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some questions are available in Spanish. However an English proficiency test may be required).
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959
- Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of criminal records, including fingerprinting
- Commit to completing training
- Be available to work flexible hours, which may include days, evenings, and/or weekends
To get more information in advance about available jobs and/or apply, visit the Census Bureau jobs site at https://2020census.gov/en/jobs.
The Census Bureau is encouraging EVERYONE who feels they might meet these requirements to apply. Even if you have concerns about not passing a background check, apply anyway to allow the Census Bureau to make that determination.
In addition to the job fairs, city and community leaders are collaborating monthly on a Complete Count Committee in partnership with the Census Bureau, the office of Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz, and the Community Foundation of Greater New Haven. Interested residents and stakeholders are encouraged to take part in these monthly meetings, held the fourth Tuesday of every month from 3:00 -5:00 p.m. at the New Haven Free Public Library, 79 Elm Street. ###