It’s is true, Thanksgiving meal is not complete without dessert. No matter how stuffed you think your guests are, trust me, they will make room for dessert. A slice of pie, a few cookies, or a cupcake—everyone loves Holiday desserts. This year, offer your Thanksgiving guests a table brimming with decadent Latin flavors. From flan to empanadas, tortas, and tres leches, these incredible dessert recipes will help you create a sweet and satisfying end to your Thanksgiving feast. I’m sure your holiday guests will love digging in to one of these Thanksgiving desserts.
1. Calabaza en Tacha – Thick slices of fresh pumpkin are baked until tender in a rich caramel sauce infused with piloncillo (unrefined sugar) and canela (soft-bark Mexican cinnamon).
2. Pastel de Tres Leches – A fluffy cake baked until golden and drenched in a milky cream sauce made from three types of milk. Pure heaven on a plate.
3. Pumpkin Cheesecake Empanadas – These empanadas come together quickly with the help of pre-packed biscuits. Easy to make, but packed with some serious pumpkin-cheese goodness.
4. Pumpkin, Piloncillo, & Cinnamon Empanadas – The filling in these delicate empanadas is spiced with a hint of Mexican cinnamon and sweetened with those beautiful dark, raw sugar cones called piloncillo. It’s like a decadent little pumpkin pie.
5. Pay de Cajeta – While making her holiday pecan pie, one food blogger ran out of maple syrup and decided to use cajeta, a goat’s milk caramel sauce. The results were so good, the pie was….
To read full story and get the rest of the recipes: http://www.parade.com/233050/vianneyrodriguez/12-decadent-latin-thanksgiving-desserts/#.UpDsHirauAA.twitter