For advertising sales information, please contact: email@example.com
The Size and Scope of Connecticut’s Latino Community
Of the 3,577,000 Connecticut residents, 482,000 identify themselves as Hispanic. That includes men, women and children—almost 75% of whom were born in the U.S.
- A majority are bilingual
- Almost half reside in married households
- 33.8% own (their own)(a) home
Approximately 200,000 Hispanics living in Connecticut are actively employed.
- 127,000 Latinos work in the IT and financial services sector
- 45,000 are employed in management or professional positions
- 60,000 work in the service industry
*Figures presented in 2010 U.S. Census/Connecticut demographics
Reaching the Latino Market
While the existing Spanish language media effectively reaches the Spanish language dominant population, CT Latino News will reach the increasingly growing, under-served market that is English dominant: business owners, Latino professionals, homeowners…Latino individuals employed in the trades and service industry, those working in the public sector and civil servants.